Sedbergh School is seeking a highly professional, motivated and positive person to assist with administration duties for our Senior Deputy Head Team.
Reporting to and working with the SDH team, the Admin Assistant will primarily be responsible for:
- Administration services to the Senior Deputy Heads (SDHs) as required.
- To help the SDH maintain school policies, protocols and other handbooks as directed.
- To assist with administration of all pupil and staff records and to generate regular reports on issues such as pupil behaviour/tracking, staff/pupil absence, safeguarding, as required.
- To manage the School cover system.
- To assist with parental correspondence on behalf of the SDHs.
- To assist in the management of SDH diaries.
- To arrange meetings and liaise with invitees, including circulating agendas, making room bookings, taking minutes or notes at meetings and organising refreshments as appropriate.
- To fulfil the general roles and responsibilities of an employee at Sedbergh School
- To assist with the maintenance of the School calendar
The role offers great opportunities for personal and professional development in a School that aspires to be the market leader in all areas of Boarding School life. A proactive attitude to training is encouraged and supported by the School.
- Excellent administrative and organisational abilities; Strong communicator and varying levels;
- High level working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; High level ability in the use of IT;
- Previous experience of an education environment
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines.
- Experience in the use of databases;
- Experience of boarding schools, their structure and functions;
- IT training qualifications;
- Willingness to attend product training courses as appropriate.
The role will be part time, working 15 hours per week, with some flexibility on the days to be worked.
In exchange the School will offer:
- Contributory Pension Scheme with employer pension contributions
- Enhanced Sick Pay entitlement – conditional on meeting the demands of the scheme;
- Service awards;
- Free car parking;
- Opportunity to see School productions and take part in staff events and family fun days!
- Use of the School’s vast facilities (outside the School timetabling) including the indoor swimming pool, tennis and squash courts, and the incredible state of the art Hirst Sport Centre.
Due to the needs of the school and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding & protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and The Disclosure and Barring Service. Registered charity.