Sedbergh School is now seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their estates team as a Porter/Maintenance assistant.
We have a vacancy for the following working hours:
- Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with some occasional weekend work (weekend work on a rota basis)
In exchange for your enthusiasm and commitment, Sedbergh School offers an extensive and generous reward package including:
- A generous starting salary of up to £21,867 per annum, in line with skills and experience, with the opportunity for further progression
- Standard 5 day working weeks with some out of hours cover
- Opportunity for further training
- Generous employer contribution Pension scheme
- Sedbergh School staff can use the School’s vast facilities (outside the School timetabling) including the indoor swimming pool, tennis and squash courts, and the incredible state of the art Hirst Sport Centre, which opened in 2018.
- Being part of a supportive and friendly community.
The duties of the Porter and Maintenance Assistant is wide and varied and it is anticipated that the duties may change from time-to-time. Due to the nature of the School business there may be a requirement for some weekend working on a rota basis. The Porter and Maintenance Assistant will report directly to the Maintenance Officer.
- Trained and competent in the manual handling of loads, and must be physically fit.
- Have knowledge of setting up for School functions and events.
- Have experience in house moves.
- Have some knowledge of buildings and how they are constructed.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to enhance his/her career by both in‑house and external CPD.
- Be competent and aware of own abilities.
- Be trained and familiar with basic hand-held power tools and the safe use of the same.
- Be proactive and use own initiative and contribute to the Estates Maintenance team development.
- The ability to work unsupervised at times.
- Good team player with the ability to deal with staff in a polite and courteous manner.
- A full and clean driving license is essential.
If you are interested in this position, please click Apply and one of our team will contact you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding & protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Registered Charity.