Digital Marketing Executive
Sedbergh School and Casterton, Sedbergh Prep School are seeking a highly professional, motivated and positive person to join their busy Marketing team.
The post provides a great opportunity to join an award-winning marketing team at an exciting time as we approach our 500th year in 2025, planning to launch the Sedbergh School App in September and begin working on a new website.
Both the Senior and Prep School have grown considerably over the last five years and the Senior School is widely regarded as the pre-eminent boarding school in the North of England, it is placed in the top 10% of Schools for academic value-added and has featured in most major national sports finals in the last few years. Music, drama and the arts are all strong.
The Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for developing all aspects of the School’s online presence and optimising the existing digital channels.
There is also a requirement for producing digital media (video, GIF and digital display ads) and traditional print media for both internal and external use. The successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to produce high quality assets in a range of formats and media types.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all of the School’s websites
- Managing the new Sedbergh School app
- Creating a content strategy and proofreading online content, ensuring pages are up-to-date
- Optimising content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Managing all social media advertising
- With support from an external agency – manage Google Adwords (PPC & Remarketing)
- Develop and roll out digital marketing campaigns in support of School marketing activity and events.
- Populate the content management system and monitor & analyse ‘traffic’ to site and other related mediums.
- Coordinating web projects across departments.
- Maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all websites in conjunction with the Marketing Director.
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintaining and developing the master content calendar for all web properties.
- Remain current with emerging web technologies, media trends and developments, advise the team and wider school community as necessary
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Track and report monthly on all site metrics
- Degree in marketing or relevant experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge of SEO best practices and implementation
- PPC and Remarketing (Google Adwords) campaign experience
- Social media channel management (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram)
- Facebook Ads and Business Manager experience
- Strong Google Analytics skills
- Experience of CMS systems (WordPress)
- Strong skillset with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
- Outstanding IT skills.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and plan and prioritise own work
- Attention to detail and ability to proofread to an outstanding level
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Excellent written communication skills for producing high quality content
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- The ability to work independently and flexibly;
- The capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects;
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas;
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Networking and analytical skills;
It would also be desirable to have:
- HTML/CSS skills
- Video editing and production skills
What we offer:
In exchange for your enthusiasm, expertise and commitment, Sedbergh School offers an extensive and generous reward package including:
- Generous employer contribution Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme and support
- Free access to on-site facilities, including gym, sports course and swimming pool
- Being part of a supportive and friendly community
- Sedbergh school is committed to the development of its people and there are always opportunities for the right people to develop their careers further if they so wish.
Due to the needs of the school and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date.
This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding & protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.