Sedbergh School is now seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their talented catering team as a Relief Chef.
The role of Relief Chef provides those with chef experience a brilliant opportunity to continue to progress with their passion of cooking, but with a great work life balance and family friendly hours.
Working for Sedbergh School provides great job security for those looking to settle down and further their career within catering – you will be working for a prestigious employer with a nationwide reputation for education, arts, music and sport. This role would also be ideal for an ambitious commis chef looking to move up the ladder and one day run their own kitchen.
There will be opportunities to develop your career and you will be under the direction of our experienced Chef manager as well as senior house chefs to help you on your way.
As a Relief Chef, you will be employed on a full time, permanent contract with Sedbergh School working 40 hours per week on a rolling rota (5 days out of 7).
You will be a crucial part of our excellent catering team, providing cover for our house chefs when needed and ensuring high standards of food and hygiene are kept throughout the campus.
In exchange for your enthusiasm and commitment, Sedbergh School offers an extensive and generous reward package including:
- A generous starting salary of up to £22,500 per annum, in line with skills and experience, with the opportunity for further progression
- Assistance with subsidised accommodation
- Standard 5 day working weeks with some weekend cover
- Flexible “family friendly” standard working shifts with no split shift
- Opportunity for further training with Kendal College Culinary Arts department
- Meals whilst on duty
- Generous employer contribution Pension scheme
- Sedbergh School staff can use the School’s vast facilities (outside the School timetabling) including the indoor swimming pool, tennis and squash courts, and the incredible state of the art Hirst Sport Centre, which opened in 2018.
- Being part of a supportive and friendly community.
The magnificent location of Sedbergh and the equally picturesque site of our Prep School at Casterton, just 10 miles away, offers staff an enviable opportunity to work in the spectacular scenery of the Howgills and Yorkshire Dales. If you live outside the area, then you should consider the benefits of relocating here.
Outdoors enthusiasts have a wide range of walking, fishing, sailing, climbing, caving and other outdoor pursuits all within easy reach.
For those with a desire to get away occasionally, the M6 motorway and the West Coast railway are both a short distance away for travel North or South, while other routes make West Yorkshire and the North East easy to reach.
Working for Sedbergh School means working within the School community as part of a close-knit Hospitality Team. Sedbergh school is committed to the development of its people and there are opportunities to develop your career and qualifications further.
Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding & protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.