Education Worker for the Visually Impaired
Job Title: Education Support Worker for the Visually Impaired
Location: Sedbergh School
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Sedbergh has its own salary scale. The salary of the successful candidate will reflect experience. Accommodation may be provided for the suitable candidate
Sedbergh School is seeking a highly professional, motivated and positive person to join their busy Learning Support team as Education Support Worker (Visual Impairment). Reporting to and working with the Head of Learning Support, the Education Support Worker will be part of a small but highly dedicated team of individuals who provide guidance and support for pupils and staff.
Over 160 pupils appear on the Learning Support register, of whom 46 are receiving Learning Support lessons. Most of these pupils have a diagnosis of Dyslexia. There are also pupils with Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, ADD, Dyspraxia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia and the department also supports pupils with EHC plans.
This particular role is for the support of one, visually impaired pupil and will be required from September 2022.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has strong empathic and interpersonal skills, coupled with a genuine interest in young people and their access to learning. Experience of working with visually impaired children is highly desirable, as is the ability to read, write and scribe braille. An awareness of, or familiarity with, the emerging technologies for visually impaired children would be welcome.
In exchange the School will offer:
- A competitive salary, in line with skills & experience;
- Contributory Pension Scheme – to include life cover while remaining within the scheme;
- Enhanced Sick Pay entitlement – conditional on meeting the demands of the scheme;
- Service awards;
- Free car parking;
- Opportunity to see School productions and take part in staff events and family fun days!
- Use of the School’s vast facilities (outside the School timetabling) including the indoor swimming pool, tennis and squash courts, and the incredible state of the art Hirst Sport Centre.
To find out more about this vacancy please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link to apply.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th June 2022.
Interviews will be held shortly after.
We look forward to hearing from you.